1. Tienco Hardwood Floor Cleaner | 2. Le Labo Ylang 49 | 3. Erin Condren Dual Sided Marker Pens | 4. BioFreeze Roll On Pain Relief Gel | 5. The Laundress No. 723 Detergent | 6. Modus Sonic Dog Barking Clicker | 7. Rowenta Hand Held Power Steamer | 8. Anker Compact LED Bright Flashlight | 9. Shoulder & Back Heating Pad | 10. Heated Eye Massager with Air Pressure | 11. Grande Lash Heated Eyelash Curler | 12. The Ordinary Peel | 13. Ring Stick Up Camera | 14. Shark Uplift Rotator Vacuum
Honestly if you ask me 2021 was way worse than 2020 and I really have chalked it up to a shitty year, but for every challenge that I faced there was a huge opportunity for growth and man do I feel like I’ve grown a lot in the last year. You may have noticed that there isn’t one single clothing item or materialistic thing on this list because honestly, this year was the year of self-care and just trying to get by emotionally and mentally after the sudden death of my Father early in the year. I learned that cleaning is something I can do that will help with my anxiety. I learned that I cannot be productive or start anything without a clean house. I learned that being prepared for things makes my stress way less. I learned that taking care of myself and taking time for self-care is extremely important and sometimes it’s ok to say no to plans if you’re worn out or don’t feel like it. So, given all of that, my 2021 best purchases list includes a lot of items that helped me get by … and even if your life isn’t dangling by a thread there are definitely some things on here that may help you out as well!
1. Tienco Hardwood Floor Cleaner: I saw this early last year on My Sister Made Me Buy It instagram and knew I had to immediately order. We have original hardwood floors and I have always had such a hard time finding a way to clean them thoroughly and well. This thing is amazing and works so well on hardwood and tile. Seriously it’s one of my best finds ever!
2. Le Labo Ylang 49: this is a perfume that I’ve had a sample of for years but I just recently bought a full bottle after using the sample in a pinch and realizing that I loved the scent. I wore it on a trip for a friend’s baby christening and her whole family wanted to know what the scent was – it’s definitely a unique scent but light enough to appeal to people who don’t usually like perfumes.
3. Erin Condren Dual Sided Marker Pens: you all have probably heard me talk about these many times on IG stories – literally the only pens that I’ll use and I’ve tried TONS. I love these because one side is a true sharpie size and the other side is a fine tip pen size. They come in several colors and I like to use them to do my free style calendar.
4. BioFreeze Roll On Pain Relief Gel: since I am the queen of the geriatric starter pack (aka all things for aches, pains, and old people), I am quite the connoisseur of pain relief gels and the BioFreeze roller ball is my favorite for the typical lower back or shoulder pain.
5. The Laundress No. 723 Detergent: I am a huge fan of bougee scented laundry detergents and some of them are lovely but way too strong (like the Tyler Diva one). I like to use Tyler Diva every once and a while, but even a scent-loving person like myself gets overwhelmed with it sometimes. I love this Laundress one because it smells amazing (like roses) but isn’t too overpowering or strong. You can just barely smell it on your clothes.
6. Modus Sonic Dog Barking Clicker: I saw this on Lucky Peacock Design’s IG stories and immediately ordered one because one of our dogs (Momo) barks at anything and everything and will not stop. I swear this sonic clicker is like magic. Just one click and she is terrified and stops barking immediately.
7. Rowenta Hand Held Power Steamer: I am still amazed at the amount of people in my life who don’t use a steamer on their clothes. It’s seriously the easiest and fastest way to get out wrinkles and this one by Rowenta is the most powerful handheld one that I’ve come across that will get them out quick.
8. Anker Compact LED Bright Flashlight: I am one of those people who uses the heck out of my iPhone flashlight … like so much that I get made fun of. I have literally fallen asleep with the light on before because I use it for everything. I needed something brighter for when I take the dogs out and Rob found me this one on Amazon and I swear it could light up a football field it is so bright.
9. Shoulder & Back Heating Pad: this one really needs no explanation as I have talked about it on several posts … just do yourself a favor and order one if you don’t have one already. I sleep with this on every.single.night … is that weird? LOL.
10. Heated Eye Massager with Air Pressure: this is a rather recent purchase but it’s already one of the best ones ever because OMG it makes my eyes and sinuses feel 100x better after using it. This mask is a massaging eye mask with air pressure and heat that massages over your eyes, around your eyes, temples, and sinuses. I swear by this thing now and have convinced all my friends with dry eye issues or sinus issues to get one.
11. Grande Lash Heated Eyelash Curler: I recently got asked if I started getting lash extensions again and it’s all because I have been using this heated lash curler religiously before AND after applying mascara. Before I was just using it on my bare lashes right before applying mascara, but now I use it after mascara as well to really push them up and get them to stay.
12. The Ordinary Peel: this is another product you all are sick of hearing me talk about, but for $7 you really can’t beat the exfoliation and results of the Ordinary AHA/BHA red peel. I promise you’ll love it.
13. Ring Stick Up Camera: Where would my life be without my ring camera obsession? I’d have no Geoffrey the possum, I’d have no rat watching, and I wouldn’t be able to be the nosy neighbor who stalks the comings and goings of everyone 😛 For real though, do yourself a favor and get more than just the Ring doorbell camera. We now have two spotlight cams on the back of our house and one on each side and I have found so much joy in watching these being the voyeuristic weirdo that I am.
14. Shark Uplift Rotator Vacuum: We had a Dyson for years that I just got used to and honestly I didn’t love it, but I didn’t know there was anything better out there because you are always taught that Dyson’s make the best vacuums. Well I am here to tell you to throw away your Dyson and get yourself a Shark Vacuum because they blow Dysons out of the water like WHOA.