Alternate titles: My Medicine Cabinet Skincare Stash — What’s in My Medicine Cabinet? (Hint: It’s not medicine!)
I get asked all the time what skincare products I use and, since I’m a serious skincare junkie, it’s a lot! So, today I thought I would share with you all the products I’m currently keeping out in arms reach which basically means, these are the products I’m currently using on repeat. From daily masks to chemical peels, eye cream all the wya to retinol here are some of the best skincare products on the market that I absolutely love!
If you follow along on my Instagram Story then you know I have been on a total Peter Thomas Roth face mask kick! I had never tried any PTR products until this year. Honestly, I was skeptical and thought they were just a trend, but I was WRONG! I’m a total believer now and these are some of my favorites and most used products!
- Peter Thomas Roth Cucumber Gel Mask
- Peter Thomas Roth Rose Stem Cell Bio-Repair Gel Mask
- Peter Thomas Roth Therapeutic Sulfur Acne Treatment Mask
- Peter Thomas Roth Cucumber De-tox Hydra-Gel Eyepatches
A few more masks I swear by and have been using over and over again this year are these:
- Jan Marini Retinol Plus Mask – Anti-aging in under minutes? Yes, please!
- Clarins V Facial Intensive Wrap – A miracle worker for inflammation!
- Tata Harper Resurfacing Mask – If you need an instant glow use this mask!
- Drunk Elephant Babyfacial Mask – If you want the skin of a newborn baby, get this!
- Olehenriksen Phat Glow Facial – An expensive facial in a face mask. So good!
- Sisley Deep Purifying Mask – If you need to clean out your pores, apply this! I will typically steam my face then use the Peter Thomas Roth Lactic Pore Treatment beforehand to open up and clean out amy pores then use a mask like this to deep clean and moisturize.
- Chantecaille Bio-Lifting Mask – I didn’t want to believe the hype because the price of this one is steep, but I hate to say it, this mask is great! It also doubles as a moisturizer which helps justify the cost to me.
Now, let’s talk at-home chemical peels. For blog posts all about how-to and what to use click here – for peels you can incorporate into your weekly skincare routine check out these two products. Both are beginner peels and don’t require any healing or down time which is why they are front and center in my medicine cabinet.
Two of my go-to favorite exfoliants that can be used 2-4 times a week, depending on how sensitive your skin is, are the following:
If you’re looking for an overall great moisturizer that also helps with dark spots and uneven skin tone try this one: BeautyBio The Ultimate Hydrating Vitamin C Facial Moisturizer
A few more chemical peel products:
Skin Obsession TCA Peel: If you’re just starting out with peels or maybe you’re ready to try something a little stronger, then this is the brand for you. Skin Obsession has a few options and strengths and is very cost efficient! Check out this post for tips on at-home chemical peels.
Dr. Dennis Gross Clinical-Grade Resurfacing Peel: This peel is another one you can integrate into your weekly skincare routine which I love! If you’re like me a struggle with dark spots and uneven skin tone then you will want to try this. You can apply this peel in the morning or evening, up to three times a week.
Dr. Dennis Gross Alpha Beta Pore Perfecting Serum: Another great product by Dr. Dennis! This one will minimize your pores and help clear up blackheads.
Let’s talk retinol: If you’re in your 30’s or older and not using a retinol, what are you waiting for? Retinol is your anti-aging best friend! My favorite (which should come as no surprise) is the Dr. Lara Devgan’s Retinol + Bakuchiol Serum.This dual-action serum infused with bakuchiol fights the signs of aging while also improving the skin’s overall quality.
Another option: Shani Darden Skin Care Retinol Reform
SERUMS – Why so many and what do they do? You actually don’t need all of these at the same time. Some do the same thing, but I like to have options!
- PCA Skin Rejuvenating Serum
- Clarins Double Serum Complete Age Control – This product is great if your skin needs moisture! It adds a noticeable glow to your skin after just a few uses and tightens your skin. There is a fragrance though.
- OBAGI Professional-C Serum 20% Strength – You should have a Vitamin C serum in your skin care routine. Doesn’t have to be this one or even an expensive one, (I like this cheaper one a lot, too!) but you do need one! Another great option from OBAGI that is more of a lightener for anyone with a lot of dark spots or uneven skin tone – OBAGI-C FX C-Clarifying Serum
- SkinBetter Alto Defense Serum – This is great for uneven skin tone but more specifically anyone who has redness or rosacea. The price is steep and I’m not certain if it’s totally worth it yet or not.
- Skin Medica Lytera 2.0 Pigment Correcting Serum
- Dr. Lara Devgan’s Hyaluronic Serum – If you’re 30+ you should be using a Hyaluronic serum. Our skin begins losing its elasticity and doesn’t stop! This one is pricey but Dr. Devgan products are worth it to me!
- Dr. Lara Devgan’s Vitamin C+B+E Ferulic Serum – This is another great option for your Vitamin C serum. Of course, I personally love Dr. Devgan, but I don’t think you have to always spend a ton of money to get great quality skin care products.
- Clarins V Shaping Facial Lift Serum: Similar to the Clarins mask I mentioned above, this serum helps visibly lift, sculpt, slim, and de-puff facial features for perfect V contours while also fighting the effects of UV rays and pollution.
Creams & Lotions –
- Biologique Recherche Lotion P50 1970 w/ Phenol – Considered a “facial in a bottle,” this lotion exfoliates, hydrates, and balances the pH of your skin. It’s a great all over lotion for any skin type.
- Augustinus Bader 1 oz. The Rich Cream – This one is really pricey for a face moisturizer, but it’s SO good! You will absolutely tell a difference after using this consistently. Your skin will look younger, tighter and just overall healthier!
- Obagi Nu-Derm Exfoderm Forte Treatment Lotion – If you’re not ready to splurge on Augustinus then I’d say try this! It is a great alternative. I would also pair it with the Obagi Vitamin C Eye Brightener.
- Zo Skin Health Hydrating Créme – This is a great every day moisturizer. It is on the thicker side so I recommend applying it at night after you wash your face versus in the morning.
- Alastin Restorative Neck Complex
Nighttime Creams –
- SkinBetter Intensive AlphaRet Overnight Cream – If you want to step up your anti-aging skin care game toss this into your nightly skin care routine. You will see results in no time!
- Obagi-C FX C-Therapy Night Cream – If you’re looking for a stronger nighttime moisturizer focused on fading dark spots and repairing years of damage, then this is the solution for you!
- Zo Skin Radical Night Repair – I love this product! It has retinol, Vitamin C, E and A and is going to brighten, tighten and repair your skin while you sleep!
LOVE THIS POST? YOU MAY ALSO LIKE: