I’ve been “at-home peeling” since as long as I can remember. I am always down for a good surface level peel that can be done at home. Now for the more serious stuff, I leave it to the pros which is why I’ve always done my lasers and intense stuff like that to my Dermatologists. But given the circumstances of being trapped at home for the foreseeable future, there’s really no time like the present to whip your skin into shape. A lot of these peels will make your face more sensitive to the sun afterwards, so it’s good that you have this downtime to jack up your face and let it peel off and recover over the next couple of weeks. Let me add in my disclaimer that I am not a professional or a licensed aesthetician, I have just tried a lot of things over the years and do my research. You should always follow the directions exactly on any of these products and please be careful!
Revitaboost Peel Pads (Now only available on the Perfect Image website)
Perhaps my favorite little cheap secret on Amazon are these Perfect Image Revitaboost Peel Pads that are under $25 and come with 30 pads. If you do the math that ends up being under $1 per treatment so you will definitely get your moneys worth with these! These pads are comprised of Glycolic Acid 15% | TCA 15% | Mandelic Acid 3% | Arginine | Glutamine | Soybean
A professional strength anti-aging peel treatment on pre-soaked cotton towelettes. Formulated as a convenient and easy to use peel pad.
- Unique ADV 5-Acid Delivery System – Glycolic Acid 15% : Trichloroacetic Acid 15% : Mandelic Acid 3% : Malic Acid : Citric Acid
- Arginine is effective in transporting ingredients underneath the surface of the skin, stimulating blood flow and increasing poor circulation. This allows it to act as a natural moisturizing agent beneath the skin from the inside out.
- Arginine also functions as an antioxidant to help naturally build collagen production, promoting elasticity and vitality.
- Powerful combination of extracts provide natural skin benefiting properties
- Glycolic is considered the smallest of the Alpha Hydroxy Acids (AHAs), this allows it to effectively penetrate deeper into the skin, providing excellent collagen stimulation and dermal hydration abilities.
- Mandelic acid is an appropriate treatment for a wide variety of skin concerns, from hyperpigmentation to wrinkles. Mandelic also provides excellent results when used in the treatment of acne.
- Refines the appearance of wrinkles and fine lines
I’ve personally seen great results from these peel pads and usually leave mine on for 3-4 minutes which gives me a good and steady peel about 72 hours after applying. The peeling usually lasts about a full week so keep that in mind if you have something coming up.
UPDATE*: There is a new Perfect Image peel available on Amazon that is very similar called the Hydro-Glo Peel and is 40% vs 35% making it a little stronger. I have not personally tried this peel yet but here is the link if you want to check it out.
The Obagi Blue Radiance Peel is a quick superficial salicylic acid-based chemical peel that exfoliates and helps improve overall complexion, and provides firmer, smoother, brighter-looking skin after just 1 use. A series of 4 to 6 peels provides best overall results. When I used these last week I only applied for about 1 minute because it was my first time.
Blue Peel RADIANCE helps improve the appearance of the following skin concerns:
– fine lines and wrinkles
– rough, uneven skin
– mild to moderate photoaging
Overall I noticed my skin was much smoother and my pores were definitely smaller. I didn’t actually have any peeling, but like I said that was due to the fact that I didn’t leave it on long enough because it was my first time. I am going to try again this week and leave it on for about 3-4 minutes if my skin can handle it.
Glycolic Acid 70% Professional Chemical Peel is an intense Alpha Hydroxy Acid Skin Peel that is good for acne scarring, wrinkles, fine lines and brown spots. I’ve only ever ordered up to 50% Glycolic Acid peel so this one should really tear me up. I haven’t tried this exact one yet, but if you’re insane like me and aren’t scared to go all at it, this one’s for you. As always, please read the exact directions on the package and patch test a small area first before applying to your entire face.
- A Professionally Formulated Alpha Hydroxy Acid Chemical Peel.
- Glycolic Acid supports natural cell turnover. Fades sun damage, skin discolorations, and acne scarring.
- A regimen of glycolic acid peels helps stimulate collagen production, reduce the appearance of wrinkles, fine lines, and hyperpigmentation in the skin by increasing cell regeneration. New cells replace older and damaged ones, to give a more beautiful complexion.
- Made in the USA in an FDA registered cGMP (Good Manufacturing Practice) compliant facility. Each batch will have its own unique lot number printed onto the bottom of each bottle. Includes Full Instructions. Cruelty free, vegan friendly and fragrance free.
TCA peels are known for being the most hardcore peel for people that want to get rid of dark spots, age spots, freckles, liver spots, and even tattoos! I feel pretty safe using the 15% strength – you really have to get up pretty high in percentage to start making tattoos disappear!
TCA peels are formulated specifically to help reduce wrinkles, fine lines, acne, scars, and reverse the visible signs of aging. TCA (Trichloroacetic Acid), is a powerful exfoliating agent and works by removing the outer damaged layers of the skin in the epidermal and dermal regions.
- Professionally formulated to reduce scars, wrinkles, fine lines, acne & reverse the visible signs of aging.
- TCA (Trichloroacetic Acid), a powerful exfoliating agent works by removing the outer damaged layers of the skin in the epidermal and dermal regions.
- Green Tea Extract has anti-bacterial and anti-inflammatory properties, perfect for killing bacteria microorganisms & reducing inflammation.
- Green Tea and Chamomile extracts provide synergistic antioxidant, anti-Inflammatory, and anti-bacterial benefits to the skin
- Salicylic acid (beta hydroxy acid) generates less irritation than AHA’s, allowing for a more efficient cleansing of the pores.
- Stimulates development of new collagen and elastin fibroblasts
- Reduces sebaceous follicle blockage, unclogs pores, and kills bacteria responsible for acne
- Provides a smoother, softer appearance of the skin
I’ve personally used this one and I love it – it really gives you a good peel and helps with discoloration.
Alright, so who’s going to try an at-home chemical peel this week? HAHA! Let me know in the comments!