If you’ve followed me for a long time you will know that I am an OG Lifetime movie fan, like since I was old enough to turn on the TV myself. I grew up with a TV in my bedroom and would flip that thing on Lifetime and binge movies all day long. I actually remember a day where we were off from school (this was probably like 5th grade) and I laid on our living room floor and watched about 6 Lifetime movies back to back, one with Suzanne Sommers where she was possessed by someone and another about a teen runaway.
One distinction that needs to be made is that there is a vast difference in the Lifetime Channel and Lifetime Movie Network. Lifetime Movie Network plays Lifetime movies all day, every day (my personal favorite) and Lifetime Network only plays the movies on weekend nights. I am such a Lifetime Movie fan that I actually pay for their “Lifetime Movie Club” app where you can access lots of their movies 😛 Needless to say, I’ve pretty much seen them all and have some classic favorites that you need to watch! Honestly, it was really hard to narrow this list down to just 15 movies. I could probably rattle off 50-75 that are really good, but I wanted to stick to the classic old-school Lifetime movies that are super dramatic and will suck you in.
- The Babysitter’s Seduction: I mean, are you even a Lifetime movie fan if you’ve never seen this movie? Talk about a classic plot line with plenty of drama! I won’t spoil anything if you haven’t seen it, but basically a teen babysitter moves in with a family that appears to “have it all” and things go south really quickly. You can watch this one on Amazon Prime Video and please report back if this is your first time watching!
- Mother May I Sleep with Danger: OMG this one is also a personal favorite and is classic 90’s with Tori Spelling staring as a college girl who starts dating a controlling boyfriend that morphs her into women he’s dated (and killed) in the past. This movie is such a classic that it’s been remade recently, but you HAVE to watch the original because it’s the best version. You can watch this one on Amazon Prime Video.
- The Killing Secret: I watched this movie when it first came out in 1996 and I promptly got myself some frosted tips boxed highlights and cut my hair into layers exactly like the main character. Teen Pregnancy. A murder. Cheating. Scandal. Coverup. Are you ready to watch now? This one is also available on Amazon Prime Video.
- Freshman Fall: Candace Cameron Bure and Mark-Paul Gosselaar star in this 90’s classic about a college date-rape at a fraternity party that leads to a takedown of a popular and well-connected student. This one is also available on Amazon Prime Video
- Death of a Cheerleader: another Tori Spelling 90’s movie where she plays a popular but mean high school cheerleader who terrorizes another student who just wants to belong to the in-crowd. This one is also available on Amazon Prime Video.
- No One Would Tell: Fred Savage and Candace Cameron Bure star in this true story about an abusive high school relationship that ends in murder. This is another one that has been remade recently but you must watch the original from the 90’s because it’s much better. Also available on Amazon Prime video.
- Fatal Desire: this movie marks the beginning of the many Lifetime movies about online dating. A random married stay-at-home Mom is all up in chat rooms and meets a man online who falls for her and pays for her to visit him. He doesn’t know she’s married and she fakes a pregnancy for money and other devious things.
- A Face to Die For: does anyone remember Yasmine Bleeth from Baywatch? She stars in this Lifetime Movie about a girl with horrible facial scars who gets plastic surgery and starts a new life that goes downhill when she meets a mysterious man with connections to her past. You can actually watch this whole movie on YouTube!
- Another Woman’s Husband: this is one of the craziest Lifetime movies ever that chronicles two best friends whose families do everything together. Everything is peachy keen until one starts having an affair with the other woman’s husband. You can watch this one on Amazon Prime Video.
- Dying to Belong: this is a must-see staring Hillary Swank and Mark Paul Gosselaar about a college hazing incident gone wrong and a sorority president’s extreme measures to cover up what really happened. You can watch this one on Amazon Prime Video.
- Lying Eyes: this is another movie that I distinctly remember watching as a teen and wanting to morph myself into the main character because she was attractive and pretty 😛 This movie is about an older married man who preys on the local high school cheerleading squad by picking random girls to have affairs with as they all become jealous of one another. Seriously, that’s the plot line and it’s amazing. You can watch this one on Amazon Prime Video.
- Seduced and Betrayed: have you ever seen this crazy Lifetime movie about a wealthy older woman who seduces a young construction worker because he’s down on his luck and she keeps finding jobs for him to do around her house? If you haven’t, you must watch it. So much drama.
- A Woman Scorned: y’all. I had never heard of this true story before watching this Lifetime movie series and whoa, it’s insane. Betty Broderick torments her husband with vandalism and verbal threats after he leaves her for another woman, but nobody anticipates what ends up happening as the games escalate.
- When Friendship Kills: A single mother tries to save her teen daughter from anorexia induced by a weight-loss pact with a bulimic fellow friend.
- For the Love of Nancy: Tracy Gold was in a ton of early Lifetime movies and this one is one of her best ones, in my opinion. Nancy goes off to college and the anxiety and pressure ends up leading to her developing an eating disorder. Her friends and family try to intervene.
LIKE THIS POST? YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- What to Watch: Crime, Comedy & Cartels
- What to Watch: Drama, Documentary, Mystery & More
- 40 Audiobooks I Liked & Recommend