Look guys, we’re in a weird and unprecedented time right now in our lives where we are all working together to flatten the curve of Covid-19 by social distancing and quarantining at home. I know a lot of you all are probably going stir crazy or are upset because you want to leave your house, but staying at home can be fun! Personally, I am using this time to get my skin right and try out a ton of beauty products that I’ve wanted to try. I also realize that for many of us, our routine beauty appointments have come to a halt so I’ve got some items in today’s roundup that might help us there!
- 30% Glycolic Peel – have you ever wanted to do a chemical peel? Are you stuck working from home for the indefinite future? Now is your time! This 30% Glycolic Peel will be the perfect starter as it’s not going to cause you to peel a ton, but it will make your pores smaller, improve your complexion, and with continued use you will see significant improvements in your overall skintone and appearance.
- NeuLash Eyelash Growth Serum– I’ve had eyelash extensions for over a year and since most salons have shut down and I am practicing a self quarantine, I let all of my extensions either fall off or I picked them off. I am taking this as the perfect opportunity to let my natural lashes grow and recover from the long-time use of eyelash extensions.
- Admire My Skin Ultra Potent Brightening Serum– alright ladies, if you have discoloration, hyperpigmentation, or melasma it’s time to get this affordable serum and put your skin into skincare rehab. This ultra potent brightening serum will erase freckles, dark spots, and unevenness from your skin and it works pretty fast.
- Slip Sleep Mist– if you’re having trouble sleeping due to all of the stress in the world going on right now, might I suggest some sort of Sleep Mist, like this one by Slip (they make my favorite silk pillows). As someone who has severe sleep issues, this isn’t enough to get me to sleep, but it helps relax me and feel more calm as I start my bedtime routine.
- DermaE Vitamin C Radiance Mask– I love this mask because I feel like it actually leaves my face glowing and radiant and I love the texture and the smell. It covers many bases such as deep cleansing, detoxing, and leaving your face looking radiant.
- Perfect Image Revitaboost Peel Pads– this is my tried and true at home chemical peel and as I’ve said many times before, this is gonna make you PEEL and personally, what a better time than now when we’re stuck in our homes to do an intense chemical peel. Make sure you use gloves or a brush to apply this peel because if you get it on your hands your hands will be peeling for a few days.
- Snail Repair Intensive Gel Patch– I’ve been using these snail secretion eye patches for a few weeks now and I love that they aren’t sticky and I feel like they really do help with undereye circles and the general appearance of the undereye.
- Bumble & Bumble Hair Powder– so if you’re like me and get your hair highlighted, but your natural hair is a dirty blonde color, we can luckily play off the “ombre” look as our highlights grow out. For times when the ombre gets too intense or too “rough” looking, LOL, I like to use one of these powder type of dry shampoos because they really do melt the root to not look as drastic with the added benefit of adding voluming and absorbing grease.
- Fairywill Mild Teeth Whitening Strips– do you need to whiten your teeth but do you hate how sensitive your teeth feel after? I have the solution for you! These are the Fairywill mild teeth whitening strips and they are amazing! I love using these once a week to keep my teeth looking bright without worrying about sensitivity afterwords.
- Baby Foot Exfoliation Foot Peel– Preface this one by me saying that I have never done one of these because I always think that I don’t have enough time to have my foot peeling for a week, but alas, NOW I DO! I have one of these fresh from the box ready for me to do tonight as my fun Friday night activity. This Baby Foot peel is like a chemical peel for your feet and will make all of the dead skin peel off over the span of a few days. I can’t wait!!!
- Pore Vacuum Extractor Tool– got some extra time on your hands? HA! Oh man, things can get dangerous with free time and the pore extractor vacuum. This little tool is like a vacuum suction device that will get out every blackhead and every piece of dead skin off of your face. A warning though – make sure you move the device across your face quickly because if you leave it in one spot for too long it will leave a little hickey-like bruise.
- Heated Neck and Back Massager– this whole situation have you stressed out? Boy do I have the purchase for you! It’s the Amazon Heated Neck and Back Massager. I have a love/hate relationship with this thing because it is SO INTENSE that sometimes it leaves bruises 😛 But it does the job and also has heat therapy so it’s perfect for working out the tension that so many of us carry in our upper back, shoulders, and neck. I use it on my lower back too and sometimes will even use it on my legs.
- Facial Scrapper– Another tool in my arsenal for pores is this facial scrapper. The amount of gunk this thing gets off of your skin is so nasty, but so satisfying at the same time. As long as your face is wet (I use water) you can scrape this upwards along the crevasses of your nose and around your face and it will literally pop out clogged pores, blackheads, and gunk off your skin.
- At Home Gel Manicure Kit– Y’ALL! Your girl Megan CANNOT do her own nails. There’s a reason I’ve gone to a nail salon since I was 13 years old. I have legit had some sort of acrylic, gel, dip, and whatever else there is on my nails since I was 13 years old. Sure, I’ll go here and there a week or two after I’ve picked off my gel and before my next appointment, but I seriously cannot do my own nails to save my life. I’m going full out here and getting this gel manicure kit complete with the light and it’s gonna be like Megan’s Nail Shop up in here. Stay tuned because this should be entertaining!
LIKE THIS POST? YOU MAY ALSO LIKE: