I thought I’d do a fun post on some recent beauty hacks that I’ve discovered because what fun is it keeping secrets all to yourself?
1. Olaplex Hair Treatment – this is a pricey treatment that you can get at your salon for hair that is over processed. There are a couple of types of olaplex treatments that you can get: a) you can get the bond multiplier that your stylist actually mixes in with your color to lessen the damaging effects of the color. b) you can get the olaplex treatment mask that they do on your hair after coloring to condition your hair. I have been getting the second option at my hair appointments for the past few months, but I recently discovered that you can buy the same stuff that they use and do it yourself at home. And how convenient that it’s available on Amazon!
I have been doing this on dry hair and sleeping with it in as well as using it as a leave in conditioner after showering.
2. Careprost for Eyelashes– a while back Slynnro alerted me to this article which discussed Careprost in the comments. It is basically the active ingredient of Latisse without the pricetag. Now I am not a medical doctor or a skincare or beauty specialist so PLEASE consult with someone before trying this but you can now order it online here for about 14 dollars. Someone told me about this stuff a few years ago but I forgot the name of it.
3. Baby Powder as Dry Shampoo– If you’ve been following me for a while you’ll know that I use baby powder as dry shampoo. It works great and I feel like it’s more effective than the spray dry shampoos out there. I sprinkle a little bit on my scalp and work it in with my fingers. I have also heard of people using straight corn starch for this as well.
4. Aztec Mask for Face– I know I’ve talked about this mask ad nauseam but I have literally tried ALL OF THE MASKS and to this day, nothing compares to this bentonite clay powder that you mix with water or ACV. I recently tried the glam glow mask and it doesn’t hold a candle to the Aztec one. Plus it’s only 8 dollars and it will last you years. One container has lasted for around 2 or 3 years.
5. Walgreens Fauxactiv Kit– I call this my “fauxactiv” kit because it’s basically Walgreen’s version of Proactiv but it works just the same! I don’t use this on a regular basis, but if my face is breaking out I will use the cleanser and the mask, which both work great.
Do you all know of any beauty hacks?