I posted yesterday saying my hair has been a mess lately, but one thing that hasn’t been a mess is my skin. I am having a good “skin moment” right now, so I thought I’d share what is working for me. Here is my current routine:
1. La Mer Gel Cream– the key to La Mer is getting the gel cream. It’s much more manageable than the cream version and it goes on so smooth. I think I’ve had the same tub for 2 years or more. It lasts forever and I always seem to go back to it. I use this as a moisturizer after washing my face and/or using a mask.
2. Real Raw Beauty Wash– I use this oil blend for washing my face. Sometimes I use it for a moisturizer as well if I am not feeling the La Mer. I put this on right over makeup and use a hot wash cloth to wipe my face clean. I love that it’s all natural and contains no chemicals.
3. Kate Somerville Micro Glycolic Polisher– this polisher was recommended by a sales associate at Sephora. I initially scoffed at her when she said it was so powerful that it made her face sting. I now use this stuff every other day for a nice glycolic peel!
4. Aztec Secret Clay Mask– I know I’ve mentioned this mask before, but it’s awesome. I use it once a week mixed with water for an intense facial. Be prepared to scrub this stuff off- it’s hard to budge!
5. Retin-A Micro– Retin-A Micro is RX only, but it is great to use twice a week to peel off dead and dull skin. Retin-A is also the only topical cream recommended by the FDA for wrinkles and fine lines. I usually use this once a week.
Have you all tried any of these items on your skin?